At Northmoor we aim to build on children’s natural enthusiasm for physical exploration and providing stimulating, purposeful and challenging experiences through games, dance, gymnastics, swimming, athletics and outdoor and adventurous activities.
We want to ensure our children develop positive attitudes towards physical activity and sports and gain the relevant skills, knowledge and understanding which allow them to develop a healthy lifestyle, achieve their full potential in physical activity and gain skills for life.
- The curriculum is varied and the children participate in a range of physical exercise and games.
- Children receive at least a good standard teaching in PE and this is evident from monitoring teaching and learning.
- Specialist staff and coaches are used to ensure that children receive a better quality of education.
- Within school assessment shows that a majority of pupils are working at age related expectations in most year groups.
- The level of achievement in PE is good or better in Early Years and both Key Stage 1 and 2. Pupils make good progress from their starting points.
- Feedback from pupils show an improved attitude towards sports and physical activity. One pupil told the HMI Inspector “We used to just jump about in PE. Now we do real sports and activities and learn new things.”
- Links with other local primary schools and secondary schools are very strong and we are involved in interschool competitions and sporting events throughout the year. The number of competitions we are involved in trebled during the academic year. For example, football tournaments for both girls and boys, cross country racing, cricket matches, rugby, handball and dodgeball and dance Platforms.
- There is a good range of extra-curricular sports clubs for pupils throughout school. This not only develops sporting ability and confidence but also develops social skills.
Please click below to download our full Sports Premium report: