Year 6 - Onyx, Aquamarine and Tourmaline Classes 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Year 6
This year, the staff in Y6 are:
- Onyx Class - Mr Bramah supported by Mrs Kamran
- Aquamarine Class - Mr Davison supported by Miss Dunn
- Tourmaline Class (split Y5/6) - Mr Peatfield supported by Mrs Harrison
All children have a login to Purple Mash, TT Rockstars and Accelerated Reader. Homework will often be set on these websites. To keep children safe online they have been taught to keep their passwords and logins safe from others.
At the end of Year 6 most children will take the national, statutory assessments. Your child's teacher will keep you updated on your child's progress and how you can support them.
Homework will be set on a Friday. It is important that all tasks are completed by Monday, so that the children can mark their work and ask questions in class. However, the children have a full week to complete their spelling homework, which should be handed in the following Friday.
Your child will be bringing their reading book home in their book bag every night. Please read with them as often as you can. It would be extremely beneficial for all children in Year 6 to read at home every day. By doing this, they will earn a ‘Reading Champion’ sticker and will work towards a termly reward with Mrs Coleman with all of the Reading Champions across Northmoor Academy!
PE and Games
PE Kits will be needed on the following days:
- Onyx Class = Tuesday and Friday
- Aquamarine Class = Wednesday and Friday
- Tourmaline Class - Tuesday and Friday
This year, our topics will be:
- Autumn Term
- Peace for our time... ? (World War 2)
- Spring Term
- Don't cry for me... Argentina! (South America)
- Summer Term
- You're Hired! (Business Enterprise)
Please keep checking our Year 6 page for further updates about our learning!
Year 6 - Onyx, Aquamarine and Tourmaline Classes: News items
Year 6 - Onyx, Aquamarine and Tourmaline Classes: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display